Gov’s Order Cancels Dewey Beach July 4th Fireworks
From Cape Gazette
Dewey Beach’s annual July 4 fireworks display have been canceled.
The celebration is put on every year by Highway One. In a Facebook post Tuesday, June 30, Highway One President Alex Pires said Gov. John Carney ordered the cancellation.
Earlier in the month, Pires exhibited the permit he received from the Office of the State Fire Marshal allowing the show. As recently as two days ago, Pires said on Facebook the show will continue.
The Cape Gazette published a full-page ad announcing Highway One was working with local and state law enforcement officials to, “produce the safest and most socially distant show possible.”