Home › Forums › Tower Shores Forum › Proposed changes to bylaws and restrictive covenants › Reply To: Proposed changes to bylaws and restrictive covenants
Thank you for engaging me in this dialogue!
I’m sure that our neighbors who volunteered their time to propose changes to our bylaws have good intentions & have the best interests of the community at heart from their perspectives.
1. Why not ask the community how we feel about each individual change before bringing the full package to a vote?
2. I thought our governing documents were updated in 2010.
Please check my math:
2020-2010 ≠ 50 years
3. How are our documents not compliant with Sussex County & DE requirements?
4. Who initially created the bylaws committee and appointed its founding members?
5. How do the community members who joined the committee
because of their concerns
about the initial proposed changes feel about the current version of the proposed changes?
I’d be concerned if they are still concerned.
6.Why do certain issues get “straw polls” while others get official votes?
My unfortunate hypothesis: the majority of the current board simply does not care about the opinions of the majority of our community.
Please offer evidence that I am wrong. I would
- love love love
to be wrong about this.
The community opinion survey that was conducted 2 years ago asked nothing about changing our bylaws.
7. Please remind me: which issues from that survey had support from the majority of homeowners?