Nomad Village, built in the early 1950's, was located between Cove and Dune Roads along Route 1. Nomad's parking lot ran along the highway between Bay and Cove Roads. Early Tower Shores residents fondly remember Nomad for several reasons: Granny's Attic (The Pantry Store), a small general store frequently visited to purchase groceries, toiletries and candy for the kids, the Nomad Liquor store for replenishment of "adult beverages" and the Nomad bar always a fun "people watching" location. Several rooms were available for rent. Randall and Betty Godwin owned and operated Nomad Village until the property was sold to Bill Buchanan, owner of Buchanan Builders who bulit the duplex units now located on these lots.
(Photos Courtesy: Toni DeCapua)